It’s the age of Aquarius! Episode 36 flies into town with the team chatting to Sean Harrington about the Mattel Aquarius, that curious little Z80-based computer from the house of Barbie. We talk creating new mods for the computer, a bit about its history, as well as take a look into Sean’s background with the system, a bit of Star Wars & more!
This episode’s news:
- SMB on the ZX Speccy – https://events.retroscene.org/cafe2019/gamecompo/2217
- Sonic GX – Sonic for the Amstrad CPC+/GX4000 – http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/news-events/announcing-sonic-gx-a-new-episode-of-sonic-the-hedgehog-for-amstrad-gx-4000/
- Fastloaders “Amiga Rocks” album funded – can pre-order though https://c64audio.com/products/amiga-rocks-fastloaders-a-triple-cd-of-amiga-game-remixes-pre-order
- Sean’s Mattel Aquarius Composite mod board on eBay – https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarius-Computer-Composite-Video-Out-Adapter-Board-/223672642110
Some of the games mentioned:
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- Choplifter (on many, many platforms)
- Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (Aquarius)
- Utopia (Aquarius)
- Astrosmash (Aquarius, but also Tony’s “Let’s make a retro game” series on YouTube)
The two Aquarius Emulators referred to are “Virtual Aquarius” and “AqEmu”, both of which can be found here – https://www.zophar.net/aquarius.html
You can say hi to Sean on Twitter @1stage or visit the Aquarius Community on Facebook!
Tony’s webpage for his programming & games is www.electricadventures.net, along with his YouTube channel of the same name